Saturday, June 29, 2019
Paddlers of all types are invited to join us for a day of fun on the fabulously famous French Creek between Shaws Landing (7 miles south of Meadville, PA) and Cochranton Landing (Cochranton, PA). Participants draw a random card at each of five stops along the way to achieve the best five-card poker hand. Prize for the best 5-card poker hand is $300 and the worst 5-card hand is $150! NOTE: this route includes Class 1 rapids.
• Participants should plan to arrive at Shaws Landing at least 45 minutes prior to their selected launch time to unload boats and gear. From there, participants need to drive a car 5 miles to Cochranton Landing, park and hitch a shuttle ride back to the launch site at the Shaws Landing. Car pooling is suggested.
• Paddlers will pick up their first card of their poker hand at the registration/launch site (Shaws Landing)
• After launching, paddlers will follow the 5 mile route down French Creek. There will be 3 "card stops" along the way marked clearly with a large flag and staffed with CARE volunteers.
• Participants may earn a maximum of two extra cards by picking up trash along the way and/or purchasing a donation Card ($5) before launching or at the endpoint
• At the finish marker (Cochranton Landing), participants will pick up their final card and report their self-determined BEST poker hand
• A food truck will be stationed near the picnic area at Cochranton Landing for hungry paddlers
Cost per paddler is $25 and includes:
• players card and lanyard
• commemorative French Creek Poker Paddle T-shirt if registered by June 20 (t-shirts are not guaranteed after that date)
• the gratification of knowing that your participation helps bring to life worthwhile projects that support Cochranton Area Redevelopment Effort’s mission to enhance the Cochranton area historically, educationally and recreationally