This event concluded on Sunday, July 15. Plans are underway for 2019--stay tuned!
The French Creek Heritage Event began in 2015 when local historians and history buffs dreamed of telling the tales of the French Creek Valley in and around the Cochranton area.
In 2015 -- Stepping Back in Time: The Native Americans of French Creek
2016 -- A Gathering Storm 1750
And the French and Indian War was brought to life in 2017.
2018 brings Pontiac's Rebellion and the burning of local forts to life! The free 2-day event features encampments, demonstrations of period craft, period sutlers, battle re-enactments, and speakers galore. This event is family friendly.
4th Annual French Creek Heritage Event 2018
Pontiac's Rebellion: Uprising & Revenge on the Frontier
British, Colonial and Native American Encampments open the public at 9 AM
Cochranton Fairgrounds, Cochranton PA
Ongoing Events (all day Saturday & Sunday)
• Living History Demonstrations
• Period Sutlers
• Historic Gun Display (Cochranton High School adjacent to Fairgrounds)
• Artifact Exhibitions & Flint Knapping Demonstrations
• Children's Activity Tent featuring Colonial and Native American crafts
• Archaeological Dig Boxes & Demonstrations (Saturday only)
• Book Signings by featured authors (Preston, Todish and Wulff)
• Presentations by Historians, Living History Reenactors & Invited Experts
Visit the French Creek Heritage Event website for more information